(or, Ode to the Snowpocalypse That Wasn't)
10. Some days you just don't want to do it.
9. Staring at that much white (be it blizzard or blank page) can give you
8. It can be terrifying. See numbers 4 and 3 below.
7. It can also be exhilirating! (Come on, admit it: fishtailing is fun!)
6. It takes serious focus. Note: coffee may help. Then again, coffee may spill, causing treacherous conditions (since, unfortunately, neither gearshifs nor laptops have the ability to appreciate a fine Guatemalan blend).
5. Your progress may seem small in proportion to how much time you spent at it.
4. It's hard not to notice others on your same path--especially the ones who whiz by you even without 4 wheel drive. See you in the ditch, bub.
3. Sometimes you can't see where you're going.
2. It is possible for the experts to be wrong about how it will all turn out.
1. Though success may be due in some part to innate talent, it's mostly due to much practice and a willingness to learn from your mistakes.